DIY-ed [floral pocket]

My roommate and I are always thrifting. More often then not, one of will fall in love with an outdated, ill-fitting piece with a print to die for or a detail we stop dreaming of. So last weekend when my roommate found a prairie dress of sorts in this ridiculously perfect red-based floral print, she immediately came home, cut off the 12 inches from the bottoms and half the sleeves. After altering her dress, all I could think of was the excess fabric under the sewing machine. 

So naturally, I decided to add a floral pocket to an old oxford that has fallen out of my rotation.

Step 1 |  Start by cutting a pocket sized square of the fabric of your choice. The pocket I went with was 4" by 6" so I cut a piece 5" by 7"

Step 2 | Fold under the sides and lay a light stitch around the edges.


Step 3 | Admire your new friend.

Step 4 | Pin the pocket to the shirt of your choice on your desired side. Then finish by sewing the sides and bottom edge of your pock onto your shirt. 

Step 5 | Add that old shirt right back into your favorites section cause you're going to want to wear it everyday. You miiiight see it next week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...